Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Busiek

Over the weekend we went to Branson. On the way back we stopped at Busiek State Park. Busiek is one of my most favorite places. The trails are for everyone: horses, bikers, hikers and pups. The closest thing we have to that in KC is the zoo and the bar next door. Stopping at Busiek made me realize just how much I am missing out of life by living in a city. As soon as my education is finished I am out of here and back to the country, no doubt about it.

Enjoy!
(When you click on the pictures they become HUGE. Me and this mac aren't getting along. . .)













After they romped all over the place they took a long rest in the creek. Rose even dozed off a couple of times.








5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love my family. We had an awesome time. I am the luckiest person on earth.

the walking man said...

Except as a place to earn money, I never saw the appeal of urbanism. Now that I am stuck here for a cacophony of reasons I hoe you do get out when the opportunity presents itself.

Robin said...

Nothing better than a wet, happy dog. About to take mine out so he can be both of those things.

I miss the country, too. When I get to drive out to it, it literally hurts that I can't be there all the time.

The city was wonderful when I was in my 20's and 30's. It sucks now.

Robin said...

Oh, there's an answer to one of your questions at my place....

Pepper McKean said...

I love Robert's comment.

These are beautiful.

I agree the country's the place to be unless you find a small oasis in the desert.