Sunday, June 08, 2008

tiaras = cake and subs

First week down.

On the first day the girls met me halfway down the road hollering like all get out. They were EXCITED. By Friday I was not only walking into a quiet house, I was also greeted by only one kiddo and she was passed out in her princess cereal. The other kiddo, Tiffany, was at a friend’s house for the day. That meant that the remaining kiddo, Taylor, and I had to prepare for Robert’s birthday all by ourselves. Fortunately there is a wonderful girly who lives next door to the girls and tags along with us throughout the summer. She is not only the best behaved kid I have ever met, she also keeps the girls entertained when I run out of energy and ideas. During the week we had gone shopping for Robert’s birthday and the girls picked out everything, from decorations to the cake. They decided on balloons and tiaras. For the cake they originally wanted an all pink one with every square inch filled with those nasty sugary candy clowns, but I sort of, kind of, intervened. I could barely see Robert in a tiara. Eating a pink cake with clowns was crossing the line. That is how the cake became blue. The clowns were a different story : ) When the girls weren’t looking I threw a few away. Shhh don’t tell! The girls and I managed to sneak over to the house, kick out the boys, make a cake (they did most of the work), and decorate in only a couple of hours. Then we went to Robert’s favorite sub shop, grabbed some grub and hurried back home. When the boys showed up they were pleasantly surprised. They even wore the tiaras. I think they understood that tiaras = cake and subs : )

As for next week, I say bring it on!


3 comments:

the walking man said...

Saw your comment over at Sandy's...thought I'd come by for a look {return visits encouraged} and found a wonderful thing. A party! Nothing better then the wide open smile of a child and adults silly enough to go with the flow of blue cakes and Pink Tiara's.

Sandy said...

nice snaps. Its always grand to be in a family enjoying every bit. i see that in snaps. god bless u all.

Love u

Pepper McKean said...

OMG how did I miss this one!

Princess Robert - he looks good in a crown.

Love this.