Monday, June 16, 2008

grab some popcorn!

In the past few weeks I have watched more movies (a whopping total of 3) than I have in the past year.

Rush Hour 3: good. The Eiffel Tower fight scene was a little stupid.

P.S. I Love You: Super Duper. I was worried that this was going to be too chick flick for me. Romantic movies are usually lame to the max. When I found out that her husband actually dies I was intrigued. Not to sound morbid or anything, but death meant that there would be little or no making out (wrong but both Iove interests were pretty hot). PLUS it was a very inspirational movie with a Kathy Bates twist. Kathy Bates, by the way, is one of my favorite actresses. She is brilliant.

Charlie Wilson’s War: FANTASTIC! The actor who played Gust, Philip Seymour Hoffman, is officially my new favorite actor. Watching him and Tom Hanks banter, especially in the scene where he bugged Hanks’ whiskey, is one of the best theatrical performances I have ever seen. I can honestly say that after watching this movie it is a must see. If there are only two movies you watch in your lifetime let it be this one and A River Runs Through It.

As for an update on my life: I am still sleeping (kind of), breathing (most of the time) and eating (mostly cereal). That is all. The rest is a blur that only clears when there is A. no chlorine in my eyes or B. when my racquet meets tennis ball flesh.

4 comments:

Pepper said...

when my racquet meets tennis ball flesh

OUCH

I would love to see PS I Love You.

Miss You

the walking man said...

Noisy...I watch more movies than that in a day when I get on a jag...I was chagrined to see that i have never seen either of the 3 that you mention, I usually reserve that lack for Erik of Erik's choice...his films are obscure ones.

Charlie Wilson, hmmmmmm History will be his judge eh? He was the one responsible for arming and training among others, Ossama bin Laden.

as long as it's not your eyes in the chlorine or your flesh meeting the racquet (although there are possibilities there nyuk nyuk nyuk) a sleeping life is *shrug* good.

Chris Benjamin said...

havent seen any of those. but i did see kung fu panda in the thee-ater the other night and it was, to quote jack black himself, awesome.

Sandy said...

Last week i watched 3 movies too.

Lord of the Rings Triology