Monday, July 14, 2008

Here you go mom

Meme from mom:


1.) If you were a piece of fruit, what kind would you choose to be and why?

A pear. I think we've been through this explanation before.

2.) If you were an animal (other than a human) what animal would you be and why?

A vegetarian hyena. It used to offend me when others said I sound like a hyena when I laugh. Now I just shrug. So what? I'm laughing.

3.) If you were a writer, who and why?

Me! Not to toot my own horn or anything, but I am a fantabulous writer.

4.) If you were a painter, who and why?

Once again I think I'm fairly good. I do wish I had a better grasp of the basics, but I am doing quite well for somebody who never took an art class. I'm taking one now though ; )

5.) If you could live over again, would you?

As a different person? Probably not. I love everything that this human shell has brought me: my family, gifts, experiences and miracles. Let the wind take me wherever it wants to.

Would I do it all over again? No, I am anxious to see what tomorrow brings. If you think about it I am a big cluster of yesterdays. Living my life over again would be too simple. I wouldn't have to step out of myself at all.

4 comments:

the walking man said...

The answer to number 5 is...wonderful. A flame burns on the wick right now, what it did yesterday is but a memory of light.

Enemy of the Republic said...

I kid you not: some of these questions are asked by corporate employers as standard interview questions. Some fruit shows the willingness to work in groups; others show a stubborn, independent nature. Me, I am a pomegranate. So I doubt any corporation wants me.

Jon said...

Hi there... just stumbled through here fro EOTR's site... like your blog!!! will drop back another time and see what you're up to...

Robin said...

I can't believe it. When I was in college we hung out at the Student Center which was a huge old building. There was a large front area that had chairs and couches with twin staircases going up to a HIGH second floor balcony.

Usually my group took over a place called the music room, but sometimes we would sit out in that huge cavernous space and talk....... and, well, laugh.

One day when a great time was being had by almost all, a girl who must have been napping on the balcony stomped up to me and said, "Do you know you laugh just like a hyena?!"

Since then I've been told often that I have a great laugh..... so if it sounds like a hyena, she's the only one that wasn't fond of it.

I knew we had something in common. I'm so proud it's this.....