Thursday, April 24, 2008

B is for badass. A is for justice.

I went against my good judgment just now. I just got home from a long day of class after class after class etc. and I am hungry and exhausted. I know I should get Robert packed for Atlanta, eat and get some sleep but screw it. I’m writing a blog. Sleeping and eating are overrated and I can pack his stuff while he’s sleeping. He’s working now, poor feller. He never seems to stop.
I know ALL of you are CURIOUS OUT OF YOUR EVERLASTING MINDS about how I did on my Milton presentation.
I’ll get to that later ; )
First, I am going to tell you about the HELL I went through to give it. It was the longest 50 minutes of my life. Yes, you heard me right. 50 minutes. Each presentation is supposed to run 15 minutes for both people presenting. My partner and I were covering books 9 and 12 of Paradise Lost. I went first with book 9. I discussed the power of Eve through various paintings. The teacher picked me apart for 50 solid minutes, worse than she ever did with any previous students. She wouldn’t let me complete a thought or question. She interrogated my knowledge of the paintings. She was a nightmare! When my partner presented after me she grilled him too, but was considerably lighter because she started running out of time. We walked into the class, after working hours on what we thought was a solid presentation, only to leave shaking uncontrollably.
Little did I know that the head of the entire English department (HOED) for the university had entered the room to evaluate the teacher.
Talk about bad luck.
When I saw my teacher today she told me that the HOED lady asked why she was so mean to me. The teacher said that she told HOED lady that she had waited all semester to get me back for falling asleep in her class one day during the beginning of the semester. HA! I think my teacher was just trying to be a badass. LITTLE DOES SHE KNOW THAT SHE ALREADY IS ONE AND DOESN’T NEED TO TRY ANY HARDER!
She gave me an ‘A’.
How could she not?

2 comments:

Pepper said...

Yeah for the A and Yeah for her being BUSTED!!!!!!!!!!!

Robin said...

Oh, Girl. Good for you on the A. And for not killing the professor. I am duly proud!