Tuesday, March 25, 2008

spring break

I have learned that 'break' means to separate a person into many pieces.

I have two papers to write.
one will be over Song of Solomon.
the other will be over a canto (no ideas yet) from the faerie queene.
I just started a new asl class tonight.
+ spring cleaning has officially started.

perhaps we should start calling it spring brake. then there wouldn't be any confusion over the meaning of the word. it would simply mean 'stop everything you're doing and enjoy the first few rapturous moments of spring.'

I went with the 'brake' spelling today and halted everything.

I started two paintings for the dining room. The naked walls have been bothering me for months. I knew I couldn't spend more than $30 so that eliminated pictures and professional art work, even cheap poster reproductions. I did what any college student without an ounce of art education would do. I went to hobby lobby, bought two canvases and got to work.

This is what I came up with:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Meanwhile Robert, who is broken into a million pieces too, did what boys do best.


Photobucket



He made a mess.

3 comments:

Robin said...

My God, Hannah, your painting is beautiful...

noisysmile said...

why thank you robin.

Pepper said...

First I love the paintings...

Second WHAT THE HELL IS ROBERT DOING?

I am stealing this for Rusty, Robert not your painting. I promised strictly family photographs.

I am suffering from Sick BREAK. Halt everything, blow, cough, hack, puke, sniffle sniffle... well you get the picture.