Sunday, March 16, 2008

KIAAA conference cont.

we went to the cosmosphere which included a lot of boring moon stuff that made no sense to me whatsoever. the kiddos loved it though.

I then went on an adult only field trip (ooh la la) to tour the fox theater, stop by fraese drugstore/soda fountain and have a float, and shop the downtown antique stores. I found a beautiful jar of turquoise buttons + a handful of glass and bone buttons with intricate carvings. I'm going to attempt to take better pictures, but here's a general overview of the mess:


Photobucket

And let's not forget the float!


Photobucket




Also here's a nifty neat-o website for the fox theater. Their pictures are much better than mine.

http://www.hutchinsonfox.com/


I also took Joseph to the Underground Salt Mines. It was very interesting. My favorite part? the two minute, pitch black ride on the elevator. Here's the website. Once again their pictures are better than mine.

http://www.undergroundmuseum.org/index.php


last but not least here is the view from the room:


Photobucket

0 comments: