Wednesday, March 28, 2007

71%

After my classes today I made the slow walk to the computer lab to peek at my grade for the biology exam I took today. Normally when I am walking to check on a grade for something biology related I think of unpleasant thoughts such as, “you are walking to your grave. It will be dark and cold. These are your last few moments to breathe normally so take advantage now!” This creates a stress that’s the icing on a poop-filled cake. I begin to make clicking noises with my teeth as I get closer to the lab. My heart races with the clicking noises. My mind tries to outrun my heart and by the time I walk into the lab I am a whizzing, clicking, slam-banging, sweaty mess. I must look like the perfect ad for Paxil by god.
Today it was different. As I was walking to the lab I told myself, “Hey maybe there will be pretty red flowers at the grave! And a lemonade stand! And Justin Timberlake!(ok probably not)” I walked in, sat down at a computer, pulled up the grade and it was still a poop-filled cake but at least it had no icing. Hell, if you can’t be optimistic at least learn how to decorate the negative!

1 comments:

Pepper said...

DAMN RIGHT

Considering your love of biology I would say a 71 is very good.