Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Oh what a night

First, I went to grab a bite to eat before the big night and while I was in the parking lot someone backed into my car.




While I was waiting for the police I managed to lock myself out of my car so I had to ask the police officer to send someone to unlock my car. To my embarrassment a huge tow truck showed up and charged me $35, but they made it sound like I was getting a deal. I call B.S.

But the evening ended well when I finally got to meet James Mcbride. He gave a lecture tonight at KU, and it was phenomenal. He was quite opinionated and very animated. He used his tie as a prop several times. It was a very colorful and captivating lecture. If you haven't read anything by him you are missing out!


Proof!

3 comments:

Pepper McKean said...

I am so freaking jealous!

the walking man said...

I would have unlocked your car for free Hannah...of course I would have taken longer to get there.

I would have liked the McBride lecture I think. I do like his work.

Robin said...

Very cool, girl.

Here in Chicago, most of the cops carry slim jims so that they can get you into your car for free. Nice perk, but not enough reason to move here. :)