Wednesday, December 03, 2008

no rotten fruit please

I normally don't throw my writings around, but I'm fairly positive that this is going to be something that I'm going to pretend I didn't write later on down the road. I wrote this for a class. . . already turned it in. It's a series of haikus based on Edgar Allan Poe's the Tell-Tale Heart. If you're a diehard fan of this poem please refrain from throwing rotten fruit at me.

Paranoia kills
But only those with weird eyes
The crazy ones live

One guy tripping out
Heaven and hell colliding
Noises everywhere

Gentle, nice old man
The cute grandfatherly type
Santa Claus perhaps

Santa Claus is screwed
His eye is blue, filmy too
Blue, filmy eyes scare

Blue is unnerving
Like a bird of prey, it probes
Like ice, it splinters

The Psycho giggles
He has an awesome idea!
Death to Santa Claus!

He sneaks and creeps in
Laughing like crickets and wind
All set to murder

Dreaming of crickets
Santa Claus is sound asleep
Unaware for now

His eye seized by light
The psycho lights up the blue
As Santa stiffens

Santa's heart wakes up
The psycho hears the thumping
And gets excited

But oh the neighbors!
Time to off Saint Nicholas!
Turn his ticker off

Slice him bit by bit
And hide him under the floor
Brilliant plan I say

A knock on the door
What the hell is going on?
Just a bad nightmare

The psycho falters
He hears the heart start to beat
Can they hear it too?

A madman gives up
Too much stress to hide murder
He confesses all

6 comments:

Sornie said...

I like it. Not because I secretly want to murder Santa though...

the walking man said...

Wow!

Robin said...

Hannah-GO HERE.

solaas.com.ar/dreamlines/

Pepper McKean said...

I like it......

Merry Christmas....... ho ho oh no

Pepper McKean said...

Please don't faint but I have been going to bed around 10:00 - 11:00. I turn off my phone so I can sleep.

Love you and miss you so much.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!