Wednesday, August 27, 2008

When God gives you lemons. . .

FIND A NEW GOD!


Recently my computer bit the dust. After being exposed to my fists, late night triscuit snacking, and random attacks by my nose (laughter, folks) it finally died. I have been occasionally using Robert’s computer, but it’s not the same. I do not like the bare wall that faces me, the glass top that covers his desk or the lack of familiarity. My desk sits across from Robert’s, and even though it’s on the other side of the room, it’s a totally different world. I have colorful metaphysical maps, pictures of my family, an M&M dispenser (very important), random books and journals and most importantly, my Buddha. It’s a very colorful and peaceful world on that side. Robert’s side, however, is all business. He’s usually got multiple computers that he’s working on scattered about. Papers and textbooks take up the rest of the space. It’s an uncomfortable setup for me.
He’s also got the 2007 version of Microsoft Office which PISSES me off. I can’t get through a damn poem or paper without the damn thing changing text, font, spacing etc. on me. Finally there is the problem of actually getting on the blasted thing. If Robert hasn’t done something to the silly thing that requires it to have absolutely no human contact, he is usually on it, working. Because I have no computer I will be blogging quite a bit less until I get one. I will not be able to afford another computer until I graduate college. Why? Well folks, I got fired, so my new plan is to take classes out my ears until I finish this damn thing. Straight through. That means no job. BUT I will get on now and then to keep up with all of you.
Until then, Peace!

P.S. the dogs are fine now

7 comments:

the walking man said...

I've found that using someone elses computer to try to work on is like trying to wear their underwear. It never fits right and seems to always binds in the wrong places.

How long (many credit hours) do you need to finish your degree Noisy? Hope it's not to many and yes I'd like to know why you got fired...not that it's any of my business.

And finally thanks for popping by while I was under the weather.

Pepper McKean said...

2007 Word sucks - I hate it. It could be I am not use to it and I am stuck in a rut.

NAH

Love you toots

Sornie said...

If Office pisses you off, I recommend Google Docs which has all the same features as Office and is portable because it's online!

Pepper McKean said...

We are on our way to the Land Of Oz. We are going to see Dorothy's house. Got your phone call we will try! love you

Robin said...

Mac. Though no one EVER listens, that's all I have to say.

Chris Benjamin said...

yeesh, sorry to hear that, about the job and the computer. i'm really pissed at my computer now. it's being extremely cranky after i was so nice to it all week.

i've never had a Mac, but I did run Ubuntu for a while and it was much better than Windows, on the whole. unfortunately my fical laptop rejected it after a few months. i've never heard of that happening to anyone else but me, though.

noisysmile said...

twm: the underwear thing is so true! I have 19 hours left until I start the professional part, whatever that is. and I got fired because she couldn't afford to pay me. that's how it all started. I refuse to say anything negative about her even though I sometimes want to. it didn't end well.

sornie: google docs? never heard of it.

robin: I got a mac notebook, but shhh don't tell! I think I might actually like it once I figure it out.

benjibopper: sounds like we have the same luck with computers, although I am not very nice to mine.