Sunday, October 25, 2009

you will be missed



This morning little Zeus passed away from a tumor in his intestines. He was his perky little self until a couple of days ago. At that time we noticed that most of his whiskers were burned off. Apparently the little fart got a little too close to a candle. But after a little research we discovered that cats who lose their whiskers will act funny so we decided that if he was still in the same shape that we would take him to our vet on Monday. He was sleeping most of the time and when he did get up he would walk like a drunk, but other than that he was fine. His little motor kept chugging along and he kept pooping in his box and eating regularly. This morning, after Robert and I woke up, my mom and grandma (they stayed the night) mentioned that he started screaming about 4 and after a little while he messed himself. Well, shortly thereafter he had a similar incident and after bathing him Robert and I decided to take him to the vet. He never came home. They said that the tumor was too massive to remove.

He was such a joy to have around. Rose keeps looking for him and to be quite honest I keep expecting to see his little head pop up from the basket that Robert took him in. It was quite sudden and we're all a little shocked.

We had him for only a month, but I would like to think he lived a grand life. Two great dog friends, wet food every day, an automatic crapper and two suffocating humans.

It was a great month for us too, Zeus.

9 comments:

jodi said...

How very tragic. I am so sad for all of you. Us pet lovers mourn hard for our dears. Zuess had the best short life possible because of you. God Bless.

the walking man said...

It's ok, he had a home to pass in and that is what is important.

Robin said...

Oh, girl. I'm so sorry....

Pepper McKean said...

I am just so sorry Hannah. He did have a wonderful life. He went from living in the woods to living with your family. He had wonderful kisses from Rose, lots of love from you and Robert.... He taught Robert it is okay to have a cat and he taught Ella it is okay to share... he was a grand kittie who accomplished so much in such a short amount of time.

James said...

AWWWWWWWW that is sad I am catching up on my internet usage after getting the computers set back up and oh my gosh that is a sad story poor Zeus. At least he is in a better place and he did have a awsome life while on this earth.

Jon said...

so sad... sorry to hear about this...

the walking man said...

Been a month; finished your finals yet?

Anonymous said...

Good day, sun shines!
There have been times of troubles when I didn't know about opportunities of getting high yields on investments. I was a dump and downright pessimistic person.
I have never imagined that there weren't any need in big initial investment.
Now, I feel good, I begin to get real money.
It's all about how to choose a correct partner who utilizes your funds in a right way - that is incorporate it in real business, parts and divides the income with me.

You can get interested, if there are such firms? I'm obliged to answer the truth, YES, there are. Please get to know about one of them:
http://theinvestblog.com [url=http://theinvestblog.com]Online Investment Blog[/url]

Sandy said...

i m sorry. may his soul RIP